STD Testing with Artificial Intelligence
STD testing at home is becoming easier and easier. Order an STD testing kit, perform the test at home and send it off to the lab for results. It couldn’t be easier… Or could it?
Technology is moving quicker than ever in the health industry and the debate between doctors and machine is ever increasing.Here at First Derm, we’ve been developing our AI technology to cover more skin diseases, rashes and STDs. After a number of in depth tests and analysis with our Dermatologists we have reached a new breakthrough with over 80% accuracy for visual STI’s. You can test it out here.
Spots, marks, warts, moles and more are easily detected by our AI technology and will provide an answer within seconds. No need to wait for an STD testing kit, simply send in the photos and get your results.
STDs: The Facts
STDs are commonplace and should always be treated as swiftly as possible. Due to this demand there are many companies accommodating for sexually transmitted diseases. Various options exist online such as free testing kits, swabs and STD test boxes. However, sometimes we need the results sooner, and this is why our Free Image tester was created: to save you valuable time and put your mind at ease.
It can also help to understand the facts when considering the importance of getting checked:
- Over 1 million sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are acquired every day worldwide (1,2).
- There are an estimated 376 million new infections with 1 of 4 STIs: chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis and trichomoniasis every year (1,2).
- More than 500 million people are estimated to have genital infection with herpes simplex virus (HSV) (3).
- More than 290 million women have a human papillomavirus (HPV) infection (4).
- 988 000 pregnant women were infected with syphilis in 2016, resulting in over 350 000 adverse birth outcomes including 200 000 stillbirths and newborn deaths (5).
- In some cases, STIs can have serious reproductive health consequences beyond the immediate impact of the infection itself (e.g., infertility or mother-to-child transmission)
As made clear above, Herpes and Syphilis appear very often across the globe. Our Free Image tester is capable of testing for both of these diseases with an accuracy of over 80%. Rather than waiting for an online test, you can make a start by using our AI technology. What we can test for:
Conclusively, there’s now no excuse for not getting checked! We can give you results in seconds, anonymously and from the comfort of your own home. You can test our AI on the link below and don’t forget, we’re also capable of testing 33 different skin diseases from cancerous moles to common Eczema.
- Facts on STIs by the World Health Organisation. June 2018. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/sexually-transmitted-infections-(stis)
- Report on global sexually transmitted infection surveillance 2018 – https://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/publications/stis-surveillance-2018/en/
- Looker KJ, Magaret AS, Turner KM, Vickerman P, Gottlieb SL,Newman LM. Global estimates of prevalent and incident herpes simplex virus type 2 infections in 2012. PLoS One.https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0114989
- The Lancet https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(07)70158-5/fulltext
- Global burden of maternal and congenital syphilis and associated adverse birth outcomes—Estimates for 2016 and progress since 2012. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0211720
Ask a Dermatologist
Anonymous, fast and secure!
Medical Doctor and PhD candidate